Sunday, September 02, 2007

TOPIC: US Open - Day 7: Nadal Leading Against Tsonga
Well, I gave my wife and kids a chance to take a break from tennis this afternoon; offering to change over to Nextel Cup Racing... or another channel. Everyone wanted to watch tennis -- our 7 year old son wanting to once again count Rafa's butt crack snacks. We all laughed, but decided not to keep count again. Really, that's just gross! Anyway, as I type, Spaniard Rafael Nadal has a 7-6 lead against Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.
Serena Williams ended Marion Bartoli's hopes of reaching the semi's earlier this morning, in a convincing 6-3, 6-4 win.
I was disappointed to see John Isner put down so easily by Roger Federer yesterday. Yes, I know Federer is ranked number one and Isner is a newbie. BUT, Isner has flown through his first two rounds -- and was looking good to keep going. As is his way, Federer quietly took his game to Isner; and won in just three sets.
James Blake didn't have as easy a time as Federer, but I'm glad to see him advance. Blake is a classy guy whom I'd like to see win the 2007 US Open. We'll see what he does later this evening.

No comments: