Saturday, September 09, 2006

TOPIC: VeryFunnyAds.com Shows The Worst In Advertising
TBS is airing ads touting a website that offers clips of what they call "very funny ads". On the contrary, most of what I saw when viewing the site was stupid, overly sexualized or just plain offensive. NONE of the clips seems to advertise a product or service. The top ads (currently) are all geared towards over-sexed, twenty-somethings. DUMB and DUMBER should be the title of most of the so-called advertisements on veryfunnyads.com.
When will Madison Avenue and the like learn that stupid, sex ads DO NOT sell anything? They might turn on horny teenagers and dirty old men, but they lower the character value of the product to that of sexual promiscuity and/or incompassionate violence. Did I mention the "stupid guy" factor?
I'm sure I'll be flamed for this opinion, but that's the way I see it. Why don't YOU think about it -- and then form your own opinion?!?

No comments: