Friday, August 20, 2004

TOPIC: Hamming it Up!
A new chapter has opened in my life. No, I'm not doing standup at the local comedy lounge. It's much more mundane than that. I just received my amateur radio Technician license. That's right -- I am officially a "ham".
This is a very cool (in my book) prospect for someone who wants to serve the community and enjoy a world reknown hobby -- at the same time. OK, so it's not rocket science, but being an amateur operator is not for the faint of brain or those who love anarchy. Ham offers both a service to their community (under the alspices of the FCC) AND a fraternity shared only by those who can and will study, take the test and then obey the rules (lest thee be fined THOU$AND$ by the FCC or other foreign government).
I'm not going to give my callsign here mainly cuz I don't want all the fruitloops to have my personal info. So, I'll just sign-off with 73s to you...

No comments: