Friday, August 25, 2006

TOPIC: Forty-three Years... And Counting
Well, today is my 43rd birthday. I don't feel old and my body constantly reminds me that I'm not young any longer. I truly understand the term "middle age" now. Not yet elderly, but not a young whipper-snapper either. Aside from the effects of fibromyalgia (and the laundry list of other back and muscle ailments I've collected over the past few years), I feel fine. I can still outrun my 13 year old daughter (who is pretty fast). I can still play volleyball at a very competitive level (good enough to win indoor tournaments). Those are all good things.
Today I thank God for forty-three years... and counting. I thank him for a wonderful wife, three awesome children, a loving extended family, excellent in-laws, a good job, a roof over my head and a few dollars spending money in my pocket. I'd like better health, BUT you can't have everything in life. So, all in all, I'm VERY thankful for these forty- three years. I pray that YOUR DAY is a good one -- and that your birthday (whenever it comes) will be a blessing. Happy Birthday!

No comments: