Thursday, June 22, 2006

TOPIC: Top Ten Ways to Motivate Geeks
The list is from a blog I've never read or seen before. Therefore, I offer NO endorsement of the site. However, I did run across their Top 1o list -- and I agree (almost) wholeheartedly with everything on the list.
Here are the motivational tips:
1. Geeks are curious. Let them feed their desire to learn things
2. Geeks like to be self-sustaining. Let them figure things out on their own.
3. Geeks are creative even if they don’t know it. Give them a chance.
4. Geeks need tools, good ones. Give them more than they need.
5. Private, yet collaborative. Geeks need to be left alone, but not too alone.
6. Free stuff. T-shirts, food, desktop widgets, whatever.
7. Control
8. Geeks need recognition
9. Freedom
10. Compensation - Saved this for last, but geeks gotta live too
Read the entire blog post by clicking here. I assure you that it is well worth your time -- especially if you have a geek in your workforce or home.

No comments: