Tuesday, February 14, 2006

TOPIC: Saint Valentines Day
This morning, I woke up to the soft, sweet voice of my wife telling me she loves me. She wakes me that same way almost every morning -- for several years now. In fact, I am proud to say that we have been married for going on 15 years now. We've been together almost 18 years.
I must admit that not every day of those 18 years has been wonderful and dreamy. Most of the rough times have been my fault. Over the years, we have learned that the sappy, sweet part of love is nice, but COMMITMENT is what makes a marriage successful. My wife and I are committed to each other, our God, our family and to the marriage we said "I do" to nearly 15 years ago. That commitment is what makes it so nice to have her sweet voice wake me each morning.
Yes, we are still in love -- very much so. For Valentines Day, she gave me a beautiful card that says I still make her "toes curl" (inside joke). She still makes me glad I'm a man; glad to be her husband; honored to be the father of our children; and blessed beyond anything I deserve to have such a wonderful wife, friend and lover.
I just wanted to make a public declaration of my love -- and remind all of YOU that marriage can be a fulfilling and success venture. May God bless you and your spouse on this Valentines Day.

No comments: