TOPIC: A Worthy Cause
Do you have $15.00 to spare? If so, then you can make a child's day -- or help them gain eternal life. You can do this with a special Christmas gift. Samaritan's Purse is the catalyst. And Operation Christmas Child is how it's done. Here's a short summary of how it works:
1) Get a shoebox and fill it with goodies for a child (doll, ball, coloring book, pencils, bar soap, etc.)
2) Include a one-page letter about yourself and your family. Include your address and a picture, if possible.
3) Add a $5.00 check (to cover shipping expenses)
4) Pray, if you're a believer, that the items in the box will bless the child who receives them.
5) Drop the unwrapped box off at your local church or Samaritan's Purse Drop-site
My family has done this for the past few years. We are always blessed to see how our children get involved. We've also been blessed with letters from kids in Haiti and Africa. Remember, it is more blessed to give than receive. ;-)