Friday, November 25, 2005

TOPIC: Thanksgiving... and giving thanks
As I look back on another Thanksgiving, I don't think of it as "Turkey Day" or just another day off or even a great day to eat more than I should and snooze while the football games blare in the background. Nope! For me, Thanksgiving has meaning.
It is a day of remembering to give thanks -- to my God, to those who put their lives on the line, to those who have helped make me the man I am today. Thanksgiving is a special day, indeed.
Getting up on my soapbox...
I thank God for being a merciful and patient God (whew, I am *really* thankful for this one). I thank God for His Son, Jesus, without whom I would get what I deserve as I pass from this life into eternal life. I thank the men and women of law enforcement, the military, the rubbish retrieval services, the postal service and others like them for putting their lives on the line every day. I thank my parents, my teachers, my pastors, my wife, my children and all those folks I don't even know about who prayed for me over the past 42 years.
For whom are YOU thankful?

No comments: