Sunday, August 15, 2004

TOPIC: Why So Many "Quotables"?
I've been doing a lot of reading of quotes lately -- as is evident here on the Sope Bocks. Even though this blog's purpose is to provide an outlook on life through my eyes, I don't want to be selfish. My ego is not bruised by quoting others. My thoughts are no more important than others.
For those of you who have asked why I'm blogging quotables -- here's your answer. I'm no poet. I'm not a philosopher (well, at least not in some ways). I'm no intellectual guru. I'm just an average guy who wants to contribute to the world at large -- and share a piece of my mind with those who will take a moment to read the Sope Bocks.
Therefore, quotables are sometimes a good way to offer compelling, thought-provoking and even dissenting ideas. My goal is make you THINK for yourself. If someone else's words help in that endeavor, then quotables are exceedingly welcome on the Sope Bocks.

No comments: